dimanche, septembre 04, 2005

driving...


Jakarta by night...

That black Vios in the middle of the night... Speeding and cutting through cars, changing lanes.

Was I lamely unbeatable or simply because everyone was enjoying the night with their loved one on the passenger seat?

The Saturday night fever. It's not really the clubbing fever that I'm afraid of. It's more like the being-lonely-fever.

Just got back from watching Red Eye. Thought it was amazing. Simply amazing. Okay, so I'm probably being too subjective. But hey, a movie is a manifestation of art, right? And appreciating art is a highly subjective thing. I just love Rachel McAdams. And Cillian Murphy is just one of the very few young actors whom I adore and respect (I don't normally adore young males).

Feeling too cheesy to write you the synopsis / review, so just go and watch it, okay?

Red Eye

It's a lot of fun, really. And I watched it with my friends from church (I met them during my confirmation class - am a protestant). We've been together since 2001 and we still are. Well, we were once a big class and now there's only like three of us who're still together.

So I did the usual stuff like everyone when he gets his first paycheck (yay!)... the food was on me, the movie was on me, the parking ticket was on me and all of a sudden a sharp pang of panic grasped me... I don't think I'm gonna make it for the whole month (gasp).

Joking.

Anyway, we went to Plaza Senayan first. I was looking for a new pair of serious looking glasses and ended up buying a pair of Levi's (I hate Levi Strauss jeans, but the glasses are okay). The people of Optik Tunggal are so very nice. While the people of Optik Seis are a bunch of pigs who don't know that the retail industry is also a hospitality industry: you have to serve your clients!

Gonna post the new glasses (just the glasses? I thought you were going to do the shameless self promotion thing in order to get a boyfriend) later.

I didn't get the thing I really need, though (an organizer, where I can put my business card and my clients' business cards with some papers that I can write on and just look professional... ooh... a corporate biyotch). Gotta start looking for it umm... this morning. Yeah, gonna go shopping again. *kissing paycheck*

And there was the trailer of this movie by Tim Burton (it's gonna be huge!! HUGE I TELL YOU!!) and it's called Corpse Bride.

Corpse Bride

I was soooo awestruck with Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. It was just a masterpiece. And he always teams up with that genius Danny Elfman. Okay, I admit, so Elfman's scores sound kind of the same. You can tell that it's Elfman (in a noncreative way) when you listen to scores from Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, Batman Returns, and Nightmare Before Christmas. But I don't mind.

So anyway, after I dropped off my friends at their homes (or at least close to their homes), I drove home, only to split-secondly change my mind and drive away, circling the business districts (Sudirman and Thamrin) for a while. Cruising and speeding... Just like I told you in the first paragraph: the black Vios. That's me. Driving like a drunken idiot when the only things I drank were a bottle of mineral water, a glass of lemonade, and a glass of tea.

I just love speeding. And it was then that I realized that I was alone. And lonely... I used to say, "Oh, I'm too busy to have a boyfriend," or, "I can have a boyfriend anytime I like!"

Well, it's true that I'm not really looking for anyone. It's just that I don't know where to start. I do have an account at Gaydar and Fridae, but the people who sent me messages (and hearts) were travelling expatriates. Ugh... no offence to expats, but I am quite a sticky rice and I sure don't want my man to be traveling all the time.

I need to settle down.

I mean, like hey, I have a great life: a good job, sufficient salary, helluva family, hearthy home, a body to die for with a pair of legs to match (in case you didn't know, I'm gay and girls just envy my body)... And what, I don't have a boyfriend?

Is it because of my hair? Is it because of my nose? My cheeks? Is it because I intimidate? Is it because I'm too feminine? Whoa wait, then again:

I'd rather stay single and be a sissy
than have boyfriends and be something I'm not.

Anyway, I've Heidi to accompany me. She sleeps on my desktop monitor. Thank God she doesn't sleep on my Acer Ferrari.

Heidi on top

Laterz. I need to shower! Been eating like a boar today...

Nom :