samedi, février 25, 2006

financial planning


OHMIGOD!!!

I almost didn't blog at all for February! Thank goodness for a wake-up call I got from the Toujours Fabuleuse La Fleur.

I hope you enjoy the new lay-out, and yes, it is ME in the picture above, and that is MY body (with just a few editing and retouching) and that is MY face. I don't have a cat tattoo, though, and I do have hairy legs.

There are several other parts of me that are hairy too. Some are private. *wink*

2006 is the year of sexual revolution.

Anyway, so it's going for second month in this new year of 2006. Many things happened, including a payment that got out of hand. Yes, yes, I'll talk about this here.

But first of all, let me share with you about my financial planning.

You see, I'm saving a lot for college. Yes, I'm going to continue my studies abroad, somewhere in the next two to three years (wish me luck, aight?).

So, I'm utilising my Microsoft Excel to do some really simple accounting and financial controlling. I've been limiting my meals, travels (to save money on gas), leisures (clubbing, shopping, going to the movies, DVD hunting, etc) and the result?

I'm still surviving (although I miss shopping a lot), but I'm okay.

Sure, there are some spending that are classified as "miscellaneous", but I think February's a month of spending, so, it's no biggy. I've saved a lot, and I'm going to do that at least until the end of this year (Christmas shopping has to be a big bang!)

Now, about the freakin payment.

Okay, so like, I got into a deep shit (not too deep and not too smelly) last year. In around October 2005. I was doing the payment for an advertisement we placed in a magazine.

First, we have to fill in a cheque-requisition form (name/address/bank account number of the magazine, and the specifications of the advertisement plus the amount of money needed to be paid).

And then the form needs to be signed by five people: my boss, my boss's boss, assistant financial controller, financial controller, and finally by the GM himself.

Imagine, FIVE friggin people and still they've overlooked the mistake I've made. I mean, hello, I even put the date wrong! I put it 2004 (which was like two years ago or one year before I filled in the form). The payment went to another magazine.

The P Magazine to which we're supposed to pay told us that we were late in paying them (happened in November 2005). Of course I got blasted by my boss, and I thought it was finished when the accounting people told us communications people that they would handle it.

Guess what? In January, the P magazine called us and told us that they still hadn't received the payment.

That time, I was too fed up (and at that time, I was made aware that it was I who filled in the form - I didn't remember at the beginning) to answer back and took matters to my own hand.

Bla bla bla, the solution was proven unsuccessful and my boss had to know this. She didn't get mad at me, and she was actually very supportive. Even when I told her that I was going to buy the P Magazine a cake, she told me to raise a cake voucher of friggin FIVE KILOGRAMS (which I delivered to the magazine with a lot of hardwork, thanks to my superior).

All in all, everything was fine, but I need to check again to the accounting department whether it has been paid or not (for chrissake, it's been another three weeks! They've probably finished eating the cake by now).

I was about to write that, but I got too busy (we lost our art designer so sometimes I had to stay up late doing this, taking photos, and everything...)

Oh, and did I tell you that my hotel won two awards in January and another one in February?

Yaayy!!!

I've gotta stop now. I'm gonna post another posting, tomorrow.

I'm still sick! I've got bad coughs.

Ultraviolet's out on 3 March 2006!

Ultraviolet

Nom :