samedi, décembre 10, 2005

vegetarian?


Over the years, I'd been a real fan of meat. I loved poultry, beef, ham, everything. So I didn't normally eat fish, but I loved them (cooked).

In work, I'm demanded not only as a PR person, but also as a graphic designer and copywriter (this will obviously look good in my CV. Yay!) and there are days when I'm forced to write something like how tasty shark fins are, how exotic hairy crabs are, or how succulent escargots are.

And there are days when I have to design posters showing grilled beef or barbecued chicken.

One day, it just hit me like a train: cows, chickens, fish, pigs are living beings, with flesh and blood, and moreover: emotions.

They can feel happiness, freedom, and love as well as sorrow, pain, and fear. And those traits make them not different than humans. So why is it okay to breed lambs to be eaten? Why is it that we curse the sadistic Martians (or whatever they are) who use humans as fuel in War of The Worlds when after watching it, we go eat a large beef burger?

Did you know that sharks are caught alive, have their fins slashed off while they're still breathing and then they're tossed back to the ocean? Did you know that sharks can't breathe when they don't move? Did you also know that sharks move with their fins? And did you, by any chance, know that salt (and salt water) can make wounds feel really painful?

Did you know that sharks, like humans, are also capable of feeling pain?

Did you know that hairy crabs are flown from Shanghai in an alive state, but because of the stress, they go comatose, to then be revived back for a short time only to be boiled alive so that the "taste and aroma are preserved more deliciously"?

Did you know that hairy crabs, like humans, are also capable of feeling fear?

Did you know that escargots, or snails eat dirt, so that in order to transform them into a tasty and safe meal for humans, they have to be detoxified, that is to starve them for 4-5 days, so that there's nothing left in their digestive system, which means they're ready to be cooked?

Did you know that snails, like humans, are also capable of feeling agony?

Right now, whenever I see a piece of beef meat, or a whole fish, being "beautifully presented" that is after being de-boned or have their backs sliced open, I always think of War of The Worlds.

I always think that those are humans. And I become so sick to my stomach.

I don't know about you, but that's enough to make me pledge to be a vegetarian. I still eat eggs and drink milk and eat chocolate, and then I start to think that I always feel sick when I got an e-mail showing soups made from baby humans.

I think I'm going vegan.

Oh, and it's rainy season again. Look out for any boutiques selling real-fur products. Who knows, it might be one of your lost cats' or dogs' fur. (Click
here: WARNING, NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED.) And then go sign the petition.
Yummy Roasted Chicken
Does that look appetizing to you?

Finning...

I fail to see anything different among the three pictures below:

Sharks Slaughtered
bodies...

Humans Slaughtered
bodies...

Skulls
bodies...

3 Comments:

Blogger Nauval Yazid's two cents...

gee,
the scary images do not seem to stop my appetite towards ... meaty beings .. ?

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme's two cents...

welcome to the vegan club boy!

9:30 PM  
Blogger aBoyInMess's two cents...

OMG! The 2 pix of sharks are really sickening. I have given up on shark's fin years ago.

Everytime i go to a chinese wedding dinner, i refused to take the soup but i feel so sad looking at my friends around me devouring every drop of it!

And one regret is that i failed to get my brother to take shark's fin soup off his menu for his wedding dinner.

Sigh...

1:34 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

Nom :