samedi, septembre 30, 2006

where have you been?


DARLINGS!!!

Please do forgive me for not being able to blog for a long time. I know all of you missed me (you'd better nod your head or I won't flash some more of those glamouring glitzes that describe Le Felin).

Anyhoo, things have been going a bit crazy since I last blogged. And I am going to share to you some things that I have been through (or bought).

SUMMER IN PARIS

Oui, oui, J'ai visité Paris. Et elle est tres chic! Elle est ma cité! I didn't want to leave that bloody place. I only went there for a week. And yes, I did cover most of the exciting parts (just like when I have sex): the magnificent Louvre, Notre Dame, St. Sulpice, Sacre Coeur, Church of Mary Magdalene, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel, Place de Concorde... It was the most beautiful birthday gift.

Ever.

I turned 23 on July 25th and we shot straight to Paris on the 29th.

Summer in Paris
Concorde!

I stayed in a hotel sur Les Champs-Elysées. Walking distance to St. Germain (well, not too walking distance, but still it was worth the goddamn thing), went to all the Dior shops, including the one in Galeries Lafayette, Avenue Montaigne, everywhere, to find this Dior Flight cuff. And I didn't find it!!! Goddamn it.

But I did find a consolation price.

I already bought this totally funky Vivienne Westwood cellphone strap in Galeries Lafayette, but of course, I just HAD to buy something from Dior, right? I mean, it's Paris!

And then, my Dad made it even worse by buying this one-of-a-kind fountain pen at the legendary Point Plume.

In Paris, I became the all-time translator, earning many complements from the French (oh yes, I am totally proud of this fact).

Anyway, we went to Point Plume and I think this is the main reason why Dad agreed to go to Paris in the fist place. He was actually eyeing for a certain piece from the pen-maker Montegrappa. The name of the pen is Sophia.

Yes, Sophia as in "wisdom" as in the Da Vinci Code "sophia". It was a freakishly beautiful piece of pen with detailed carving of the Rosetta Stone. Dad went for the Silver pen. With me translating whatever the saleslady said.

And you know what, the pen was a one-and-only-display-only-prototype pen. It is usable, but it was the first of its kind: Number Zero.

Not number one, not number two, but Number Zero.

Of course the Sales Lady told us that she would have to send it to Dad, but you know, it's Indonesia we're talking about. The pen could get lost!

And so we left the store, I left my cellphone number and the hotel phone number to her. She promised to call to find out the solution.

While we were walking sur St. Germain, I had a phone call. And guess what? It was the Lady. Telling me that Dad could buy the prototype.

And you know how much the it cost? 2,100 freakin Euros.

Well, as long as Dad's happy.

This is the pen.

Montegrappa - Sophia

I simply bought a gold Bastet pin in Louvre, red and black Burberry Golf wind-proof jacket, and a Dior Flight cellphone strap.

Strap

Oh, and we went on First Class Flight. Champagne and everything.

Bottoms Up!

ANANDA SUKARLAN

Do you know Ananda Sukarlan? Yeah... He's that world-class international pianist from Indonesia. He now resides in Spain. He went to Jakarta for my hotel's Corporate Party (oh it was a blast!)

He played 7 songs and he was just so sweet and so nice! I was present in most of his interviews with the media and I learned so much about life from his points of views. Mostly about love.

He's one of the people who believe in love that transcends everything.

Here's my picture with him.

Ananda Sukarlan

You know what? We went to the same school, and we both like Star Trek and I was the only one who noticed it when he played Jurassic Park's theme.


Obviously, I was flattered that he sent me this message on the night he flew back to Spain: "Dear Ucha (that's my nickname), it's been very nice knowing you. You are a very sensitive and kindhearted person. I wish you all the best for your future".

Sounds like a break-up message, right?

Oh well.

Mr. Sukarlan, if you're reading this, thank you. I literally burst into tears when I got your message that night. My relationship was going so bad and your words were like heaven-sent.

SPLURGING AGAIN - ELECTRONIC EDITION

Let's see...

Before going to Paris, I bought... these:

Olympus Mju 700
Ferrari F-20 Monitor
Motorola V3i - Dolce&Gabbana

Seriously, the last one was a blast. I brought the Motorola D&G to Paris, and Parisians were asking me all the time about it.

I felt like a Diva.

LUNA PLEINA TUANAKOTTA

Anyway, to close everything off, I am going to show you this picture.

Yes, it's Luna. The rescued kitten. Isn't she adorable?

Luna & Me

Nite, everyone!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme's two cents...

ucha.. wah.. motorola DG nya lucuw :D:D:D

btw, aku lagi kesengsem sama clamshell nya samsung yang edisi ultra.. :D:D:D.. super tipiiiiiiiisssss.. :D:D:D:D


btw, how's shangrila?

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme's two cents...

hi,
any chance of publishing a photo of the Burberry jacket?

thanks,
San

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme's two cents...

where is the story of the pink burberry bag???

wakakakakaka....btw? what else yah...

(*mikir lama)

later deh, i'll tell u

-tebak sapa-

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme's two cents...

foto-foto lo di Paris bener2 seperti turis yah?!

XD

2:20 PM  
Blogger Nauval Yazid's two cents...

looks like one fabulous holiday to me. you know, not every holiday spent w/ your family could turn out to be a pleasing holiday like yours. often it becomes continuous bickerings that last for years.
and again, what's up w/ the relationship going bad? yes yes yes, i've been meaning to get an exclusive scoop on this. hehehehe.

3:07 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

Nom :