samedi, octobre 01, 2005

(another) bomb in paradise


We went to Bali earlier this year. Four of my college girlfriends and me.

It was a cool experience, well HOT experience to put it literally. And I kind of nagged all the time when they went shopping (don't get me wrong, I LOVE shopping, but not at markets buying ethnic things when you're supposed to bargain. I love malls with chic and black things that can boost me elegantly).

Anyway, it was nice. We went to this Paddy's Bar memorial (bombed on 12 October 2002, killed off 202 people and injuring at least 209). We prayed that it would be over and people could get over it and we could rebuild our lives.


my girlfriends in front of the Paddy's Bar memorial placate


But it happened again. Just today.

Trouble in Paradise. This could get us fucked up. I mean, I work in the tourism industry. We were so busy promoting the safety of our hotel, so busy promoting the safety of our nation (avian influenza, anarchistic rally against the increase in gas prices) and then this shit happened.

People are going to get laid off. People are going to be unable to feed their family. Which in the end will bring... drums please...

An even more catastrophic turbulent in the journey of this country.

I wonder how they're doing in Gaza.

Nom :