lundi, octobre 24, 2005

I hear you're losing weight again Mary Jane


I'm fine.

I'm just compiling some tracks that I feel have this tragic energy.

Just watched "Crash". It's just... sooo tragic. I mean, it's tragic and funny at the same time and I cried three times while watching it. It's just so beautiful.

Only one thing bothered me, it would be a lot more beautiful and direct and sweet if Jennifer Esposito's tits were not shown. I mean, I would love to see Ryan Phillipe in the buff, but please, this is supposed to be a tragic movie. Not some sex-laden movie.

Crash


And there's this song by Bird York (I swear I've never heard of her until I watched Crash). It's called "In The Deep" and the lyrics are down below.

Okay, so today's going quite smoothly and you know what? You remember when I was telling you that I was being scolded for using the Yahoo! Messenger?

Well, I waited for like.. the whole day until I was sure it was safe to use it. I mean, I need to socialize, right? And it's one of the ways to still greet friends (although I usually don't pay attention to them since the workload's killing me already).

But then, like, only after five minutes after I logged in and began chatting, my boss came over to my desk and borrowed my computer!!!

She told me that she was not able to access the intranet and she had to use my PC and then she noticed that I was doing the YM thing again...

Okay, so she was not really mad, she was quite okay with it, but I guess I really should just log in when it's after five. Yeah, I think I should start to do that.

Anyway, fuck it.

On to the next topic. I'm compiling a compilation CD (tentatively) entitled "Strangely Sad Songs". Although the songs are not strangely sad, I mean, they are sad, so they're not mysteriously sad. The lyrics are sad, and everything else is sad so they are sad, for chrissake.

Here's the tentative listing:

1. Bird York - In The Deep
2. Alanis Morissette - Mary Jane
3. Alex Parks - Cry
4. Joni Mitchell - A Case of You
5. Bonnie Raitt - Will The Sun Ever Shine Again
6. Des'ree - Kissing You
7. Tori Amos - 1,000 Oceans

The list's still growing.

Anyway, here're the lyrics.


Bird York - The Velvet Hour

"In The Deep"
-performed by Bird York


Thought you had all the answers
to rest your heart upon
but something happens
don't see it coming
now you can't stop yourself
now you're out there swimming in the deep

Life keeps tumbling
your heart in circles till you let go
till you shed your pride
and you climb to heaven
and you throw yourself off
now you're out there spinning in the deep
If you want to be given everything, give everything up
***

It's beautiful, no?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme's two cents...

Have you heard Joni Mitchell's "Both SIdes Now"? It's awfully sad too.. But I can't tell whether it's quite mysterious or not.. *sigh*

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme's two cents...

Oh Man.. 'Crash' is one of the best Hollywood Movie I've ever seen this year! So good that it moved really quick! It captured the ethnic's diversity sharply and yet funny and moving! Two thumbs way up!

Other great movies I've seen this year would be 'Constant Gardener', 'Broken Flower', 'Me and You and Everyone We Know', 'Capote' and.. more..:)

11:26 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

Nom :