samedi, octobre 29, 2005

a pretty nice week


Okay, so I've been watching DVDs lately, and I should tell you, when I first watched this movie over at HBO, I wasn't really paying attention to it. But then... I saw this over on the (pirated) DVD counter where I use to buy (pirated) DVDs.

And I was kind of hesitant to pick it up, but I did pick it up and there it was, sitting on my work station with the DVD laying on the table... And I popped it in my laptop (where I can watch DVDs with headphones so I can bury the voices from the outside and just watch them soundly).

Anyway, it's called Boys on The Side, starring the fabulous trio of Whoopie Goldberg, Drew Barrymore, and Mary Louise-Parker. They're just gorgeous and great and of course, as usual, I wept.


Boys on The Side

You know, it seems that I always measure the quality of a movie by weeping or not weeping (when it comes to drama) by the adrenaline rush I get (when it comes to action - Tomb Raider & Resident Evil really got me going) and by the how much popcorn I got stuck up my nose everytime I laugh (when it comes to comedy).

This is a good movie and as a feminist, I enjoy it sooo much. Anyway, I think my next posting is about the femme fatale movies.

Nom :